ISD holds one annual studio recital/concert per program for all dance classes, typically broken up by program (i.e. Ballroom Concert, Hula Recital, Ballet/Jazz Recital). Recital/concert policies are as follows:
- All dance students are expected to participate in their respective recital/concert.
- Students will be charged a participation fee and costume rental fee.
- Participation Fee: $25/student.
- Costume Rental Fee: $50/student per technique class. (i.e. a student in a Ballroom syllabus technique class and in a Ballet technique class will pay $50 costume fee for each class – $100 total.)
- Students will not be charged recital fees for classes that do not participate in the recital (i.e. International Ballroom/Latin, Tahitian technique, all tumbling-only classes)
- Please be aware that there are no refunds for students that decide to not participate in the recital/concert after fees have been paid.
- ISD cannot always control concert expenses, but we do our best to keep the recital/concert fees low. To help keep these costs to a minimum, we ask parents to volunteer their time to help with the recital/concert in a variety of ways (i.e. helping with costumes, set up, clean up, etc.).
- Families and friends will need to purchase tickets to watch the recital/concert. Ticket sales vary from year to year, but average between $6-$10 a person. We encourage all students to invite their family and friends to purchase tickets for the recital/concert!
- Fees and ticket sales from recital/concert help pay for:
- Facility rental
- Technician fees
- Custodial fees
- Repair/maintenance of studio costumes
Occasionally, ISD may organize a showcase performance for select teams and/or classes. In the event a showcase is organized, students in participating teams/classes may be subject to additional fees depending on the costs associated with organizing the performance (i.e. location rental fees, etc.).