BALLROOM TEAM AUDITIONS
2023-2024 AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD MAY 12-13, 2023
AUDITION SCHEDULE – PLEASE READ EACH SECTION THOROUGHLY, THEN PRE-REGISTER BELOW!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE TWO SEPARATE REGISTRATIONS – ONE FOR THE AUDITION AND ONE FOR THE AUDITION PREPARATION COURSE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO BOTH, YOU MUST REGISTER FOR BOTH. SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO FIND AUDITION PREP COURSE INFORMATION.
FRIDAY, MAY 12, 2023 – YOUTH TEAM CHOREOGRAPHY AUDITION
- 5:30-6:00 PM – Check In
- 6:00-9:00 PM – Choreography Audition
- FOR YOUTH DANCERS ONLY (10th-12th grade, 9th grade by invitation only)
- Youth dancers will learn sections of the Youth A Ballroom / Latin Medleys and be judged on their ability to learn & perform the choreography.
- Mandatory for all dancers who wish to be considered for the Youth A Medley Team.
- NOTE: Youth dancers must also come to the Saturday technique audition.
- Gentlemen: White T-shirt or Polo, Black Latin Pants or Athletic Pants, Ballroom/Latin Shoes
- Ladies: Black T-shirt or Leotard, Black Latin Skirt / Ballroom Skirt or Black Leggings, Ballroom/Latin Shoes (practice shoes will not be permitted)
SATURDAY, MAY 13, 2023 – TECHNIQUE AUDITION
Youth Audition Time
8:00-8:45 AM Check In
8:45-11:00 AM Audition
Junior Audition Time
10:45-11:30 AM Check In
11:30 AM-1:00 PM Audition
Pre-Teen Audition Time
1:15-2:00 PM Check In
2:00-3:30 PM Audition
Pee-Wee Audition Time
3:30-3:45 PM Check In
3:45-4:30 PM Audition
- FOR ALL DANCERS (Grades 1-12)
- Youth, Junior, & Pre-Teen Dancers (Grades 4-12) must come prepared to dance a cha-cha and waltz (Preferably syllabus but open routines are ok). Dancers must audition with a partner, although the partner doesn’t necessarily need to also be auditioning for the program.
- Pee-Wee Dancers (Grades 1-3) do not need to come prepared with a routine – they will learn a short combination at the audition. Pee-Wee Dancers are encouraged to bring a partner, although they are not required to bring one.
- NEW MINI TEAM! Starting summer 2023, we will be offering a Mini Ballroom Team for dancers ages 4-6. This team is open-enroll, no audition necessary! Check out the class schedule / description pages for more information!
DRESS CODE (SATURDAY):
- Gentlemen: White Shirt, Black Tie, Black Slacks or Latin Pants, Ballroom/Latin Shoes
- Ladies: Black Leotard, Black Latin/Ballroom Skirt, Ballroom/Latin Shoes (practice shoes will not be permitted)
AUDITION PREPARATION COURSE
We offer an Audition Preparation Course for any dancers (grades 4-12) wanting to get extra help before the audition. The course will include 6 hours of instruction spanning three weeks, with classes being held on Friday and Saturday. Students will learn a waltz and cha cha routines and will also learn technique that will help them look their very best! It is also a great place to potentially meet a partner to audition with!
REGISTRATION FOR AUDITION PREP
- FRIDAY, APRIL 21 5:30-6:30 PM
- SATURDAY, APRIL 22 12:00-1:00 PM
- FRIDAY, APRIL 28 5:30-6:30 PM
- SATURDAY, APRIL 29 12:00-1:00 PM
- FRIDAY, MAY 5 5:30-6:30 PM
- SATURDAY, MAY 6 12:00-1:00 PM
- FRIDAY, APRIL 21 6:30-7:30 PM
- SATURDAY, APRIL 22 1:00-2:00 PM
- FRIDAY, APRIL 28 6:30-7:30 PM
- SATURDAY, APRIL 29 1:00-2:00 PM
- FRIDAY, MAY 5 6:30-7:30 PM
- SATURDAY, MAY 6 1:00-2:00 PM